Our world came tumbling down
Danielle did not reach her milestones. She still cannot roll over at 6 months and her motor skills are relatively weaker than Beth's (my 1st daughter). My maternal instincts told me something is wrong. One day while praying for Dan, the word "muscle" flashed across my mine... the same way when I prayed for her name... "Danielle" flashed across my mine. I called my church friend, E S (whom I know is a PD that time) and spoke to her about my concerns. God is so good, He knew that I will be going through a tough time with Dan, so He arranged for me to know this church friend. I didn't even know she is a geneticist until the day Dan is diagnosed with SMA. The very next day on 29 Jul 08, I brought Dan to the polyclinic, and straight away the MD diagnosed Dan with SMA. To him, the symptoms were very clear, trembling tongue with weak arms and legs. He ordered a fast track appointment to see a neurologist. My tears could not stop flowing for the rest of the day.
The neurologist and geneticist clinically diagnosed Danielle with SMA Type II. I broke down again when I hear the bad news. My world seems to fall apart and everything comes to a halt. The words I can only say are: "How could this be? Are you joking with me? I don’t anyone in my family line that has this!" Danielle has a DNA blood test done to confirm the clinical diagnosis. They drew 3 tubes of blood from her tiny fine veins. It is the 1st time Danielle experience physical pain because of her medical condition. Physical pain for her and heart pain for me. The waiting period for the result was equally as tough as getting the final result. In Aug 08, the DNA blood test confirmed the clinical diagnosis. From that day onwards, our lives were never the same. I was so filled with fear that I woke up crying in the middle of the nights. I was fearful of what lies ahead. God never left me alone. Through E S, He quietens my heart with 2 songs: THIS IS OUR GOD and MY HEALER.
The neurologist and geneticist clinically diagnosed Danielle with SMA Type II. I broke down again when I hear the bad news. My world seems to fall apart and everything comes to a halt. The words I can only say are: "How could this be? Are you joking with me? I don’t anyone in my family line that has this!" Danielle has a DNA blood test done to confirm the clinical diagnosis. They drew 3 tubes of blood from her tiny fine veins. It is the 1st time Danielle experience physical pain because of her medical condition. Physical pain for her and heart pain for me. The waiting period for the result was equally as tough as getting the final result. In Aug 08, the DNA blood test confirmed the clinical diagnosis. From that day onwards, our lives were never the same. I was so filled with fear that I woke up crying in the middle of the nights. I was fearful of what lies ahead. God never left me alone. Through E S, He quietens my heart with 2 songs: THIS IS OUR GOD and MY HEALER.
God is not slient throughout this season. The Sunday before 29 Jul 08 (the date Dan is diagnosed with SMA), I received Romans 8 through a G12 sister (church friend). At that time, I don't know what the scriptures means, so I brushed it off ... Now it is the book (Romans 8:15 -39)that anchors my life.
All Glory to Jesus! My Refuge, My Hope.
Comments
Post a Comment
If you like to comment but find it hard to get your comment up. Just click under 'Anonymous' and end with your name. Look forward to your comment.