Mostly richly blessed

An article that I extracted from my devoutation book.

Most Richly Blessed
I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing I asked for-
But everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself,
my unspoken prayer were answer.
I am, among all men, Mostly richly blessed.

Comments

  1. This is absolutely beautiful. May I copy it and put it on Drew's blog?
    Nana Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nana,

    Yes,you may copy it and post it on Drew's blog. Glad that the article minister to you just as it does to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you like to comment but find it hard to get your comment up. Just click under 'Anonymous' and end with your name. Look forward to your comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating Danielle's 11th Birthday

Danielle's 12 yrs old birthday

Danielle - How's things going on...